Contacting your Member of Congress
- E-mail, fax, or phone is best (conventional letters are delayed for security screening)
- For best routing, e-mail using the module on your member of congress's individual web site (find sites for
House Members here and Senate members here.
- Fax numbers are provided on members' individual web sites, usually on the home page.
- Want to phone? Check your member's web site for the direct number, or phone the U.S. Capitol Switchboard
at 202/224-3121 to be directed.
- ALWAYS include your complete residential address in any communication.
- Speak from your own experience.
- Provide specific facts and recommendations.
- Refer to specific legislation, with the bill name and number, when applicable.
- Be courteous.
The following web site contain additional practical tips about communicating with Congress:
AgTEC anticipates congressional action during the debate and action on the 2009 Transportation Reauthorization process.